Saturday, October 22, 2005

Construction Photos and Random Sacramento Photos Part 1

I took a nice Saturday afternoon walk all through midtown and downtown to various construction sites. I thought would post what the process is of many of the urban projects under construction at this time.


Recently completed Fremont Mews on 14/15th Between Q/P































O1 Lofts on 16th and K. Next door to Mikuni's. Will house Bistro 33 (Good Breakfast!) and Design Within Reach on the ground floor














































Sear Building Lofts at 12th and K
























Plaza Lofts on 9th and J































Marriot Resience Inn at 15th and L.

This is one that many might not know about. It is a 15-story Marriot that is also featuring 30 for-sale condo's on the top 3 floors. So while we hear about all these other larger projects, none of which have actually broken ground yet, these are actually under construction.

The site is directly across the street from the new restaurant Mason's and nightclub The Park

















2 comments:

Uneasy Rhetoric said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that the 1801 L project is progressing. I can actually remember (barely) when the apartments on the other half of that block were built. I was very much a child. It's nice to see the rest of the block get filled out and used.

The Plaza Lofts are looking very good. I'm hoping they'll have some kind of open house I can get myself invited to. I'd love to see inside.

GA said...

It's def been a long time coming. I think the first part was built like 20 years ago. 18th and L has been in the works since something like 97/98, I think

Speaking of those apartments on the other side. Those are actually for-sale condo's. There have been quite a few of those units for sale recently. They are selling for around $300 a sf.

2 units that had 1124 sf sold for $340K.

Good location, good price.

I see one on sacbee.com that is 1037 sf asking 359K. Might even be able to get it a little cheaper than that