Sunday, February 26, 2006

Do my eyes deceive me?

Is that a new restaurant that is not american food or sushi I see in the horizon?















Looks like the neighborhood is getting an Indian place at 14th and O in the old Virga's location. As you have read, a few of us Sacramento bloggers have commented on the barrage of sushi and american places that have popped up downtown and the desire to have more new ethnic places.

The only slight downside is it is a chain . A couple people I know that have been to the one in the Bay Area say it's really good, but a little $$$$
http://www.gaylords.com/

Here are some shots of the inside:




























___________________________________________________________________
The other place I wanted to comment on is Il Posto on 9th Street between J and K where Kamon Cafe used to be.

http://www.ilpostofasulo.com/
The website says they are only open Monday - Friday for dinner, but I know they are also open Saturdays as well.

I had a chance to talk with the owner Leonardo yesterday as I was snapping pictures downtown. As I was taking a look inside the restaurant, he saw me and came to the door to greet me. I must say, he was one hell of a cool guy. Plus, much to my appreciation, he loves walkable urban enviroments and is looking forward to and really feels downtown is going to be a great place a few years down the road. Needless to say, he is anxiously waiting the completion of Plaza Lofts.

Leonardo allowed me to take some pictures of the space to post on this blog. This place is def much more homey that some of the other places that are opening up that are sometimes more about being scene than the food. This place, while def very nice inside, gives you the feeling it is 100% about the food. PLUS, I know some people out there will really appreciate this, there are no TV’s in the place. You are going there to eat and socialize with your dinning mates, not watch the King game.

I will definitely be dinning here in the next week or so. I encourage anyone who is looking for true authentic Italian food to give it a shot as well.



































Governors Room.

7 comments:

Uneasy Rhetoric said...

Il Posto is open for lunch as well. They're quite good (for lunch anyway). I had a cioppino that was just not quite spicy enough but packed to the gills (heh) with good shellfish.

I'd recommend it for lunch if you want to celebrate something or impress clients. I imagine dinners must be quite good as well.

I'm excited about Gaylords. I have a favorite Indian restaurant (Pooja in West Sac), but Gaylords is in my old stomping grounds, so I'm willing to give it a shot or two.

GA said...

Awesome. I really need to check out Il Posto.

I think Pooja's is def a Sacramento favorite among people for Indian food. I really hope this place is good considering how close it is to my house

Anonymous said...

Anyone know the opening eta for gaylords?

GA said...

I was by there this weekend and it looks like the inside is done other than details and clean up. I would imagine the should open by the end of the month.

916Dave - You eaten there before?

GA said...

For anyone interested, Gaylords is now open

Anonymous said...

Gaylord's is open, check it out.

GA said...

Yup, I've gone there already. Very good stuff. I little more $$$ than I would have thought, but I'll def go back