Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The R Street Market Pedestrian Walkway and Plaza

In my last blog, I mentioned how I would like to see the portion of R Street between 16th and 18th become a pedestrian haven for festivals, walking, outdoor eating, street venders and markets.

Ask you and shall receive. After goggling around for R Street info I stumbled onto this:

The R Street Market Pedestrian Walkway and Plaza

The plan is to turn that very section into exactly what I hoped it would become. The firepower behind the project seems pretty good. CADA, City of Sacramento, SACOG, Parks Department, Dept of Transportation, and the property owners in the area including Mark Freidman and Paul Petrovich.

I hope they don't all trip on themselves. The time line looks as if they want to complete the project by the end of 2009. The page 3 rendering looks great.

No comments: